标题: 《The House of the Seven Gables 》作者: - Nathaniel Hawthorne【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-12-25 13:10
标题: 《The House of the Seven Gables 》作者: - Nathaniel Hawthorne【EPUB】
The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne, is part of the Pennsylvania State University, Electronic Classics Series , Jim Manis, Faculty Editor. Neither the Pennsylvania State University, Jim Manis, anyone associated with the Pennsylvania State University, nor Sony Connect Inc. or its affiliates assumes any responsibility for the material contained within the document or for the file as an electronic transmission, in any way. Copyright ?? 2007 Sony Connect Inc. All rights reserved.Copyright ?? 2004 The Pennsylvania State University (for the source electronic book file version).ISBN 978-1-4340-0085-9 The House of theSeven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne INTRODUCTORY NOTE: In September of the year during the February of which Hawthorne had completed "The Scarlet Letter," he began "The House of the Seven Gables." Meanwhile, he had removed from Salem to Lenox, in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, where he occupied with his family a small red wooden house, still standing at the date of this edition, near the Stockbridge Bowl."I sha'n't have the new story ready by November," he explained to his publisher, on the 1st of October, "for I am never good for anything in the literary way till after the first autumnal frost, which has somewhat such an effect on my imagination that it does on the foliage here about me-multiplying and brightening its hues." But by vigorous application

欢迎光临 (http://admin.zasq.net/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2